Looking to spend the summer submerging yourself in one particular subject? Looking to go out for a few days and explore with a group of like-minded enthusiasts? Aren’t you lucky! Because this time, you don’t have to wait around for the new academic year to start. Background Educations is taking you on a summer school programme!
CATAPA & Hogeschool Gent & Background Educations & Act4Change present:
August, 22 – August 24, 2016
Business Innovation and Lifelong Learning for Sustainability
CATAPA, HoGent, Background Educations and Act4Change co-organise a Summer School on Business Innovation and Lifelong Learning for Sustainability as part of the Generation Transition Project. The program consists of lectures and the application to real-life business cases, where the participants can take part in the research. Students will be matched with professionals and interested adults to increase knowledge exchange and practical applications offered by the participating NGOs and companies.
This Summer School presents a combination of lectures, company visits and an info market. We focus on 4 Sustainable Development Goals:
- Goal 4: Quality Education. Lifelong learning opportunities for all. Speakers include Luc Sels (KULeuven) on ‘international examples of companies stimulating lifelong learning for employees, customers and a broader public’ and Gert Vanthournout (UAntwerpen/Artesis Plantijn) ‘What and how do adults learn: goals and strategies’
- Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth. Speakers include Jan Leyssens (Plan C): “New Business Models for a Circular Economy”
- Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production. Speakers include Maarten Dubois (Cleantech & Sustainability Services) “Sustainable consumption and production: how to foster the circular economy at the global level”
- Goal 17: Partnerships: to strengthen implementation and revitalize global partnership. Speakers include Peter Wollaert (CIFAL) “A Global Vision for Local Future-Proof Sustainability Action“
- Professionals (from companies or NGOs): to learn, showcase best practices or submit a reallife case to work on
- Students: (international) BA (excl. first year), MA or PhD Business Management/ logistics. Students who attend the entire summer school are awarded 2 credits.
- Interested adult learners (not related to profession)
Participants can apply by sending an email to Charlotte Christiaens at firstname.lastname@example.org until July 15.
See the document below for added details.
The price for the entire summer school (including lunch) is € 145 (€ 99 for students under 26). Lunch will be included.
Monday 22 – Wednesday 24 August 2016
10 AM – 5.30 PM, including lunch break.
HoGent Campus Schoonmeersen